Application Instructions and Requirements
To be admitted to the graduate degree in Computer Science program, the student must meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School and the Computer Science Graduate Program. The Graduate School must receive a COMPLETE application package before a decision for admission can be made.
To be eligible for a clear admission to graduate standing, applicants must have:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 overall, or 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours of the baccalaureate program.
2. One of the following:
- Satisfactory scores on GRE or GMAT. The minimum satisfactory GRE scores are 149 points of Quantitative. The minimum satisfactory GMAT scores are 37 points of Quantitative.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math with a GPA of at least 3.0.
3. At least a "C" in CSC 190 and 191, or equivalent course.
Applicants may be admitted provisionally if they
- Do not have GRE or GMAT scores available at the time of application and do not have a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math with a GPA of at least 3.0, but
- Meet conditions 1) and 3)
The students who are admitted provisionally must report acceptable GRE or GMAT scores before they sign up for the second semester.
Applicants may be granted probationary admissions upon the recommendation of the graduate coordinator and approval of the departmental chair, college dean, and graduate dean if
- Undergraduate GPA do not meet condition 1) or the submitted GRE/GMAT scores do not meet condition 3), but
- Meet conditions 3) and show promise for successful graduate study
Only clear admissions may be granted to international students.
Special Instructions for International Students
Eastern Kentucky University welcomes applications for graduate study from all qualified International students. In addition to general admission requirements, international students must also fulfill English Language Proficiency Requirements and other requirements. To see more about our requirements for International Students visit http://gradschool.eku.edu/intl_students.