The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program offers the following six options.
- Computer Science (General) Option: Builds a solid foundation in programming languages and computer systems. This option also provides you with experience and develops skills in system analysis, design, documentation and implementation.
- Computer Technology Option: Prepares you for network certification examinations and qualification for programming and industrial control systems, microcontrollers and microprocessing, LANs & PC communications and network security.
- Interactive Multimedia Option: Develops expertise in game design, 3-D modeling and animation, graphics programming, and multimedia systems.
- Bioinformatics Option: Supports applications in genetics, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, statistical analysis of experimental data. Prepares you for entry into many graduate programs.
- Computer Forensics and Security Option: Concentrates studies in the growing area of computer system administration, database security, network security, computer forensics, information assurance, and related security techniques.
- Statistical Computing Option: Combines statistics with computer science with an emphasis on data mining. Prepares you to develop software solutions and interpret statistical analysis of observational and experimental data.
For a complete look at our B.S. program requirements, please visit http://computerscience.eku.edu/degree-requirements-curriculum-planners
Minor in Computer Science: Develop a strong foundation in computer science and software engineering.
Minor in Informatics: Expand your career opportunity with office technology skills and data analysis skills.
Minor in Interactive Multimedia: Develop skills in the multimedia technology and gain experience in developing interactive software.
For a complete look at our minor program requirements, please visit the University Catalog.
Certificate in Productivity, Innovation and Technology: Enhance your productivity and innovation with office technology skills.
For a complete look at our certificate program requirements, please visit the University Catalog.